Wednesday, December 23, 2009

speed bump?

I finally served him on Monday. I also brought him a letter to try to agree on some of the things so we could focus on those we disagreed on (like where Silvia will go to school etc)

oh, it went ok, but things were very emotional. He really wants me back, he is so sad. He said he has thought about having her attend school where he will live and has realized that it wouldn't work as 50/50 was not possible that way. Of course I asked him why he didn't call me and tell me that when he thought about it, since it would have helped to smooth things over.

But it was very hard for me too. I still love him, but the hurt from all the abuse is so deep I don't know if I will ever get through it. I'm in counselling, but it is so raw when I am near him, especially when he is so sorry for what he has done. I can't tell if I am sad for what I lost and what could have been, or if I am thinking I made a mistake. There was a lot of apologising on his part, but he is still unwilling to discuss the details of what happened, or even to hear me speak them. Maybe it is me being hung up, but I really need to hear him admit what he has done, so he knows which parts were wrong. I still think he has no idea what exactly hurt and is thinking that I have overreacted. He still thinks I should be able to put it behind me and give him another chance.

So there is a new problem. His family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve. The plan was to drop her off around 2pm and I was going to pick her up at midnight (since they open presents at 11). He wants to drop her off in the morning. I understand that he thinks I would be waking her up, but I would be there right after they finished presents, so she would be awake (Last year she fell asleep at 11:30, she was 2.5.)

I know that it is late. I know it might be best to leave her there. But then she would miss MY family traditions of Christmas morning. She will get to experience all of his family traditions on Christmas Eve, they do nothing Christmas day. Also, I was going to return her in the evening on Christmas, so he would still see her for the actual day.

Can anyone provide some feedback? Both on how I am feeling and this Christmas arrangement? I really feel like I would be giving in to him by letting him drop her off Christmas morning. Of course I gave him these details back in October when he got the first draft of the separation agreement. Obviously he either didn't read it then, or is again reacting emotionally because he wants some control. He didn't have a problem with the exchange time before.

4 comments:

  1. Stick to your guns if you know what is right for her. This is a good reason to get everything down in writing so that he doesn't get the chance to try and manipulate you/ use emotional blackmail. I think you are really kind letting her stay up theat night in the first place to fit in with them- I'm guessing she will be tired on Christmas day from staying up late?

    You are doing so well. Lots of love. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Yes, she is going to be terribly grumpy. I hope she sleeps in Christmas morning. I just talked to him for an hour. He didn't want to let me pick her up, but he agreed eventually because I expmained that any other night I wouldn't even think of letting her stay up that late, but that HIS Cristmas Eve traditions would keep her up until at least 11pm, probably longer, and that I would pick her up as soon as he told me they were finished. I told him she was going to sleep on the way home, and that she would be just as stressed to be woken up and driven an hour to my house at 6 am like he wanted.

    Anyway, he has now decided that he is also going to move to the town where her daycare is. He says it's because he now realizes that it is best for her and it will allow us to continue with our 50/50. I'm not quite sure if that's true, but I am going to try to believe it. It really would be great if he is doing that only for her.

    Merry Christmas everyone. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad to hear that he has agreed to let you pick her up Christmas Eve...hopefully she will sleep well and will be ready to party with your family on Christmas! :)

    Also, great to hear about him moving to the town where her daycare is. I sure hope that it's all true, Cheryl...

    (((Hugs)) my friend. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family. I'll be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, the dropoff yesterday went horribly...new post coming...

    ReplyDelete