Guess who is coming by to visit me today....CAS! When Silvia and I went to our intake appointment for the abused mothers and children program they felt that they needed to report the fact that Silvia had witnessed abuse. I was ok with it, and they thought nothing would come of it since we had been living apart from Pedro for 6 months.
but nope! I get a call yesterday asking if they can come by. We were still in Barrie though after her pre-admission appointment for her surgery. So they are coming by tonight at 8:30. Bedtime. but bedtime will be later anyway, since we have dentist appointments at 6pm.
I am not too worried, since they will see a home where she is well loved, taken care of and has her own room and space to play. However I can't wait to find out how Pedro reacts! At least it was someone else who reported it. They asked me if I wanted to but I said no, because he would then try to claim that I was doing this vindictively.
Should I offer them cookies and milk??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thinking of you sweetheart. Hope all goes well with surgery. XX
ReplyDeleteHow did it go?
ReplyDeletePerfectly fine! The woman was very nice. She said she wass very impressed with the steps I had taken and said I was doing everything she would have recommended. she also said she knew before she came that everything would be fine. I'm guessing based on the reports from the intake counsellors.
ReplyDeleteShe said it was very rare to meet a parent that could see how this kind of conflict was hurting their child. She actually said she was proud of me and that it was a pleasure talking to me.
So after she talks to him she said she would close the file (I'm assuming that's if he seems ok as well). She did seem concerned that he was unable to see how his actions were impacting her, but I don't think it is a serious concern. She did ask me if there was a chance of reconciliation. I said it is not very likely and she seemed relieved. I suspect that if we ever did get back together that they would be very active in following up.
Thanks for the support girls. I really needed it.