Got an order made giving me every Thursday (for counselling) and him every Wednesday (in compensation) until counselling is over. We will continue the week to week. Division of holidays, directions for special family events and compensatory time within 14 days. Decided how child support will be determined.
Really nothing big changed except that he sat down at the table and accepted many of the things I had originally offered. We are going to attempt to settle the financials ourselves through email.
I did feel a little sorry for him though. He is obviously taking this really badly, even after 7 months. Guess being controlling does not necessarily mean you are actually able to take control of yourself. This is where the karma comes in.
Yeah, so it was ok. Very emotionally draining, esp on 4 hours sleep. But it was empowering too. I felt intimidated, but I sat at the table with him and the lawyers and even spoke on my own. I stood my ground. I felt like he didn't have the control over me that he used to, and I saw that he knew that and was grasping at straws. He might have thought he wore the pants in our relationship, but yesterday it was so obvious who was the backbone.
Overall it was well worth the $2000 it probably cost. Yeah, I said $2000. but the relief I feel now, and the happiness I have felt in the past few weeks and will continue to feel is worth every penny.
Oh, and I weighed myslef agina this morning just to see if I had really lost 6 lbs...YES!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad it went well.
ReplyDeleteYay on the weight loss.
So glad to hear that everything went well!!
ReplyDelete((Hugs Mama))
I am so glad it went well. And to make you feel better I am up to $14,000 in legal fees.
ReplyDelete